Thursday, February 10, 2011

My Gift from God, Given to Me Again.

I received word that he was out of surgery and being taken into recovery. They said I could come meet him in the hallway as he rolled by to give him a kiss. So that is exactly what I did. I was walking so fast down the hallway, my dad even commented on how fast I was going especially since I NEVER walk fast than my dad. (his legs are about twice as long as mine)

I was able to catch them and see my baby! He looks great! He has color in his face, which I was not expecting. I was expecting him to be white as a sheet. His little cheeks are a little rosy, and the rest of his face looks pale, but peachy.
Dr. Starnes (the surgeon), came and spoke with me and said that everything went very well. He was able to do the surgery the way that we were hoping, and will not need anymore surgeries. They were even able to close up his chest, instead of leaving it open like we were told may have to happen depending on fluids and swelling. (Kollin is VERY relieved to hear this one)
So YAY! My little guy passed with flying colors! Now we just need to pray for a fast and good recovery!
Thank you to EVERYONE that has been thinking of Tanner and our family during this, terrible time. I am hoping that we can look back at this and be stronger because of it, and be able to share our story with other families like so many of you have shared with me about your little ones that have gone through similar ordeals.

I will keep updating on the recovery and everything else. So please keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

Thank you again and again and again and again..........!

9 comments:

  1. Wonderful news! Fingers will remain crossed for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I new he would do great i could see it in his face.... i think he was strong for you both... i also think that you can smile again and kollin..tanner is !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy to hear the great news!! I'm glad he's doing so well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy to hear everything went as planned! Will pray for fast recovery so he can go home soon. Stay strong mama. We are rooting for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, yippee skippee!!! Great news...prayers will continue to head your way! HeidiLee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Prayers are answered! I'm glad surgery went well. I will continue to send postitive thoughts and prayers your way. Keep your head up Momma!

    ReplyDelete
  7. fantastic news!

    Prayers still sending your way~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes! Fantastic news will continue to pray for his quick recovery and homecoming!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sooo glad everything went as planned!!! Here is to a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete