Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Recovery ~ Day 6

Well, today didn't go quite as expected. We didn't end up getting discharged. This is because Tanner is still having some issues with his oxygen saturation. He has been off of his oxygen all day today though and has being doing great. So hopefully discharge will happen tomorrow.

I don't want to push it though until he is completely ready. Since we are going back to Utah where the elevation is quite different than here, it could cause him more harm than good to go home if he is not stable enough with his oxygen saturation.

Other than this, all of the other updates I am getting from the doctors are very positive and they are happy with his progress.

I have also been able to start nursing him again today. It is so nice, since I can now feed him whenever he is hungry and not have to wait for a nurse to bring me some milk that I have pumped.

They did this last night, and there were times when he would be crying and screaming for almost 30 minutes from being hungry before his "scheduled" feeding. We are now being rebellious, and eating whenever he wants. HA!

So that is pretty much all that went on today. Just playing the waiting game now. But I am more than willing to wait as long as it takes just to make sure he is ok and strong enough to go home without any issues.

Here are some cute pictures that we took today. He is such a little goofball already! Enjoy! Also, excuse my double chin. I was looking down at a weird angle. lol

4 comments:

  1. What adorable photos. He is a cutie pie!

    Sounds like he is getting better each and every day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such squee-worthy pictures! Glad to hear things are progressing well, even if a bit slower than you were hoping, here's to steady sat levels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is so adorable, his eyes wow!
    I am glad things are going so well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is SO beautiful! And his hair, so cute! I'm very happy things sound like they're getting better for your little guy.

    ReplyDelete